Thursday, March 25, 2010

National Museum of Singapore



This completed our first full-strength class excursion to the National Museum of Singapore (NMS), after the DNA workshop @ AJC and LJ to the Zoo. =D

Though this is my 4th visit to NMS since 2006, I look forward to it. I like the serenity & tranquility there, and is definitely best enjoyed with companions of the same interest to discover the history of Singapore.

Frankly, I feel that the programme can be better. Faster-paced activities and more walk-about in the gallery. I find the sit-down in The Lab too long, though we derived important and valuable information from it.

The most interesting segment has to be the role-play. I missed the first part and caught only the one between Samantha (as grassroot leader) and Ezekiel (as citizen). I must say it was really funny. (",) Samantha was composed at first, trying to convince Ezekiel that NS was necessary. But Ezekiel was a difficult citizen who opposed the idea of his son, Mitchel, serving NS. Obviously, Ezekiel was too much for Samantha to handle and she turned nasty. xD

We left the museum 25 minutes behind the scheduled time and I had to persuade the security to allow the school bus to wait at the alighting bay when it arrived at 12noon.

What's next? I am not sure if we will be going to Science Centre eco-garden for its "Aquatic Plants & Animals" programme.

Else it will be the P6 motivational programme in the first week of June. Last year, I organised an Amazing Race for 6.7 @ Sentosa. This year, I am not so sure since Sentosa has changed greatly after the opening of Resort World Sentosa (RWS).

But the most important of all, the teacher himself is not motivated this year, in fact disappointed (not with the class). Who's going to motivate him first?

No comments:

Post a Comment